Friday, June 12, 2009

#43: Dave Barry's History of the Millennium (So Farr)

This was the first book I read by Dave Barry that was written for adults. (I read Peter and the Starcatchers a while back, and I used to read his newspaper column.) The book was very quick to read and amusing. Barry poked fun at various subjects through history. He started with a single chapter covering the years 1000-1999, then adds a chapter for each year up through 2006. He mocks all of the major scandals and news stories from each year, such as the 2000 presidential election and the Y2K hype. Still, while the book was enjoyable while I read it, nothing really stuck with me that I can remember a month after finishing it. It served its purpose as a way to occupy my time on a couple of car trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment