Sunday, June 28, 2009

#46: Twilight

I finally decided to read Twilight because of the hype, but I wasn't sure whether I would like it. I knew it was about romance and vampires, and neither of those things interest me, but some of the kids in my class were reading it and I decided to give it a chance.

I progressed through Twilight pretty quickly. The action scenes were pretty intriguing to me, like when Bella fled to Phoenix and they tried to escape from the evil vampire. However, there were other parts that annoyed me a great deal. I skimmed quickly over all of the gushy, descriptive language about Bella's obsession with Edward, which allowed me to finish the book more quickly. I also disliked the characters, especially Bella's deference to Edward, and Edward's stalker tendencies.

Overall, I didn't hate the book, but I definitely didn't love it. I may read the rest of the series at some point, but it is not something I am excited enough to go and do immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment