Sunday, June 28, 2009

Halfway Done (with reviews at least)!

The reason I started this blog was because of a kind of contest called The Cannonball Read that I read about on a website I visit frequently. The goal of the contest is to read 100 books in one year, although it is more of an individual challenge than a race against others. The other part of the challenge is to post reviews of each book that you read on a blog. The reviews don't have to be anything spectacular, but are supposed to illustrate that you have read the book.

Well for me, the reading is the easy part. Then I have to write the reviews. I have always had confidence that I would get through 100 books, especially with my months of leisure during the summer. However, the challenge has been writing a review for each one. I have hated writing since elementary school (and yet I make the students do tons of it), so I constantly put off writing the reviews when I finish each book. I am also somewhat self-conscious about my writing, as I don't want my reviews to sound like garbage, even though I know some of them do.

So now I have completed review number 50 (and finished reading book number 66) with several months to go. I am motivated to see this through to the end. I have also been contemplating adding other content to my blog, so now that I am making significant progress, I will actually follow through with this. Thank you to everyone who has been reading and tolerating my reviews so far, and I hope you are getting some ideas about things to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment